Riga is steaming-hot with no rain right now. Hope it stays something like this. :)
The Advanced Planning Visit ended some days ago and I think the time was fruitful and pleasant. Despite public transport. At least the program right now looks very appealing. I want to participate and get the experience you're about to have, but alas - I'm going to be facilitating the process with nice people you call leaders. Or maybe we'll take part sometimes. Or all the time... We'll see on the way. And I'm sure you'll like it. ;)
Some practical things. What to bring.
- Comfortable shoes and clothes. We'll do some active things. Be ready.
- Sun glasses and raincoat. The weather is changy in this country. Especially where we're going to be. Be prepared.
- Something against mosquitoes. A spray or some sort of substance to keep parasites away. In this country we have mosquitoes and ticks. Beware.
- Some table games/sports inventory (ball/frisbee/...). We'll have an evening playing those and the whole exchange to do some occasional sports.
- ICE (intercultural evening) things. I guess your leaders already told you what we'd like you to bring. :) If not - ask me or your country's leader. ;)
- Your hygiene stuff. Shampoos, toothpaste/brush and whatever you might need to feel comfortable.
- Sauna clothes. Swimming shorts/bikini, whatever you prefer.
- Cigarettes or what you need to survive. I personally discourage alcohol, but you should have cigarettes if you smoke.
- Some music that you like.
- Alarm clock. We won't go shouting in the morning, so it will be up to you to organize yourselves. :)
- Your teddy bear.
About my country.
We got a lot of forests. Some sea. Some lakes. Some rivers. Look it up on Google Earth. ;)
We speak latvian. Some speak russian. I speak both. Sometimes people speak english, but that's kind of rare.
Currency is lats. 1 lat is 100 santims. 1 EUR = 0.702804 LVL
But we're going to a middle of nowhere where you probably won't need much money. Maybe. :)
And remember, to reimburse your 70% travel costs smoothly we will need
- an invoice of your ticket (if you can get one).
- boarding passes
- pretty much any originals of your travel documents that you don't need to get back home or for your organization's accountancy.
That's pretty much all I can remember. With any questions be sure to address me or your country's leader, we'll figure out something. :) ( a stupid question is the one you didn't ask ;) )
Sanja, from hot and friendly Latvia.
No comments:
Post a Comment